Multipurpose Senior Service Program (MSSP) is a voluntary program - paid for by Medi-Cal Waived Services Funds - that helps prevent unnecessary placement of elderly individuals in nursing homes. MSSP focuses on encouraging frail, elderly residents of San Joaquin County to make healthy lifestyle choices for their social, health, and housing needs.
Who is eligible for MSSP?
Any resident of San Joaquin County, 65 years of age or older, who...
- is eligible for or receives Med -Cal benefits
- is n frail health
- is at risk of placement in a skilled nursing facility
- has multiple health problems requiring multiple community services
- will voluntarily accept MSSP services
What services does MSSP provide?
Care management assists clients in gaining access to needed waiver and other local services. Care management includes:
- comprehensive health and psychosocial assessment
- care planning with the client and family
- arrangement of services
- coordination of care with other community agencies
- some limited payment of in home services
- ongoing monitoring
- annual reassessments
- quarterly home visits and monthly contacts
For more information on how to access this service, contact Tia Phimmasone at (209) 444-5931 or Diane Dimas at (209) 396-6909